Toyota Prius Owners Manual
The windows can be operated with theswitch on each door.
The power windows work when the “IG−ON” mode is enabled.
Key off operation: If both front doors areclosed, they work for 43 seconds evenafter the hybrid system is stopped. Theystop working when either front door isopened.
OPERATING THE DRIVER’S WINDOW
Use the switch on the driver’s door.
Normal operation: The window moves aslong as you hold the switch.
To open: Lightly push down the switch.
To close: Lightly pull up the switch.
Automatic operation: Push the switchcompletely down or pull it completely up,and then release it. The window will fullyopen or close. To stop the window partway,lightly move the switch in the oppositedirection and then release it.
Jam protection function: If somethinggets caught between the window and windowframe during automatic closing operationor key off closing operation, the windowstops and opens halfway.
If the window receives a strong impact,this function may work even if nothing iscaught.
If the 12 volt battery is disconnected orrun down, the power window may notoperate automatically and the jam protectionfunction will not function correctly afteryou reconnect, replace or recharge the12 volt battery. In any of these cases, youshould normalize the power window.
To normalize the power window:
1. Push down the power window switchand lower the window halfway.
2. Pull up the switch until the windowcloses and hold the switch for a second.
Make sure that the window opens andcloses automatically. If the power windowcannot be operated properly, have itchecked by your Toyota dealer.
Never try jamming any part of yourbody to activate the jam protectionfunction intentionally, as it could resultin death or serious injury.
The jam protection function maynot work if something gets caughtjust before the window is fullyclosed.
OPERATING THE PASSENGERS’WINDOWS
Use the switch on each passenger’sdoor or the switches on the driver’sdoor that control each passengers’ window.
The window moves as long as you holdthe switch.
To open: Push down the switch.
To close: Pull up the switch.
If you push in the window lock switch onthe driver’s door, the passengers’ windowscannot be operated.
To avoid death or serious injury, youmust do the following.
- Before you close the power windows,always make sure there isnobody around the power windows.You must also make sure theheads, hands and other parts of thebodies of all occupants are keptcompletely inside the vehicle. Ifsomeone’s neck, head or hands getcaught in a closing window, itcould result in death or serious injury.
- When anyone closes the powerwindows, make sure that he or sheoperates the windows safely.When small children are in the vehicle,never let them use the powerwindow switches without supervision.Use the window lock switch toprevent them from making unexpecteduse of the switches.
- Turn the hybrid system “OFF” andtake the key with you, when youleave your vehicle.
- Never leave anyone (particularly asmall child) alone in your vehicle, especiallywith the key still inserted orwith the hybrid system other than“OFF”. Otherwise, he/she could usethe power window switches and gettrapped in a window. Unattended person(particularly a small child) canbe involved in a serious accident.