Toyota Prius Owners Manual
Does your vehicle need repairing?Vehicle maintenance and care / Does your vehicle need repairing?
Be on the alert for changes in performance,sounds, and visual tip−offs thatindicate service is needed. Some importantclues are as follows:
- Engine missing, stumbling, or pinging
- Appreciable loss of power
- Strange engine noises
- A fluid leak under the vehicle (however,water dripping from the air conditioningafter use is normal.)
- Change in exhaust sound (This mayindicate a dangerous carbon monoxideleak. Drive with the windows open andhave the exhaust system checked immediately.)
- Flat−looking tire; excessive tire squealwhen cornering; uneven tire wear
- Vehicle pulls to one side when drivingstraight on a level road
- Strange noises related to suspensionmovement
- Loss of brake effectiveness; spongyfeeling brake pedal; pedal almosttouches floor; vehicle pulls to one sidewhen braking
- Coolant temperature continually higherthan normal
If you notice any of these clues, take yourvehicle to your Toyota dealer as soon aspossible. It probably needs adjustment orrepair.
Do not continue driving with the vehicleunchecked. It could result in seriousvehicle damage and possiblypersonal injury.