Toyota Prius Owners Manual
Stowing flat tire
9. Restow all the tools and jack securely.Then secure the flat tirein the luggage compartmentwith the tire tie−down belts andtie−down hooks as follows
Before driving, make sure all thetools and jack are securely inplace in their storage location toreduce the possibility of personalinjury during a collision orsudden braking.
1. Before stowing the flat tire, removethe center wheel ornament bypushing from the reverse side.
Be careful not to lose the wheel ornament.
2. Put the flat tire on the center ofthe luggage storage box lid withthe outer side of the wheel facingup. Hook one ends of the belts tothe front tie−down hooks.
3. Pass the belts through the centerhole of the wheel as shown above.
4. Attach the other ends of the beltsto the rear tie−down hooks.
After stowing the flat tire, check thatthe tire and belts are secured.
- Make sure the rear seats are intheir original position.
- When carrying the flat tire, secureit using a tire tie−downbelts. Otherwise, the flat tiremay fly out in case of the suddenbraking or an accident, resultingin death or serious injury.